The following is a weekly “e-newsletter” containing announcements, events and opportunities happening at school and in our community for IHS students and families. This weekly communication is a partnership between the IHS PTA and IHS itself to reach out to all families as it is our joint vision to support full engagement for ALL students at IHS. This “e-newsletter” is informational only and is neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Board of Education of the Ithaca City School District, the Superintendent of the ICSD or this school. If you have E-News to share, please send to email@example.com.
Ithaca High School PTA “E-News” 6/21/2017
- IHS PTA E-News will be back 2017-18
- Excelsior Scholarship $$$
- Project Lead (pre-registration due 6/26)
- Camp Coddington hiring CITs
- TCPL 2017 Summer Reading Program for Teens
- TCPL Free Screening of Hidden Figures (6/30)
For more information, please visit: http://www.ihspta.info/wordpress/posts/june-21st/
- Last IHS PTA E-News of the 2016-17 School Year. Don’t worry! The IHS PTA E-News will be back in full swing at the start of the 2017-18 school year. Occasional emails may be sent to the IHS PTA listserv during the summer (e.g., welcome back information). If you haven’t joined the IHS PTA listserv, simply click this link. Enjoy a wonderful, fun, and safe summer!
- Excelsior Scholarship! For Students who may qualify for the Excelsior Scholarship you need to do the following:
* The application is now live on the HESC website. It is due July 21.
* TC-3 financial aid officers are available to assist students coming to TC3 in the fall (email firstname.lastname@example.org). Students may also contact their SUNY if they won’t be attending TC3.
- Project Lead-youth employment program (Pre-registration due June 26th). Cornell Cooperative Extension’s Rural Youth Services and the Town of Dryden’s Youth and Recreation Commission are excited to announce that registration for Project Lead, a youth employment readiness program, is open. Project Lead brings together youth ages 13 and above to engage in job search and employment skills workshops, teambuilding, and service learning projects. Each session of Project Lead consists of four days, Monday through Thursday, from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM. The program will take place in a different location with a different community partner each week. All programs are free and open to residents of Dryden, including residents of the villages of Etna, Freeville, Ellis Hollow, Varna, and Mclean. For more information or to register online, check out www.drydenprojectlead.org or contact Lexi Hartley at Cornell Cooperative Extension at 607-272-2292 or email@example.com. Youth are encouraged to register as soon as possible, as space is limited. Pre-registration must be completed by June 26.
- Still need a summer job? Camp Coddington hires older campers as CITs – great summer jobs supported by the Joint Youth Commission. Camp Coddington, an outdoor nature based summer camp program at the Coddington Road Community Center, has 3 more openings for their counselor-in-training (CIT) program. Camp Coddington is currently recruiting youth from the Villages of Lansing and Cayuga Heights and Towns of Danby and Caroline. If you are 15 or 16 years old and you are looking for a fun first time employment experience, please contact Camp Coddington at 607-277-1434 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org For additional information, please visit www.coddingtonroad.org/camp. The Coddington Road Community Center is located at 920 Coddington Road, Ithaca.
- Library to offer Summer Reading Programs for Children and Teens. BUILD A BETTER WORLD (Tween & Teen Challenge): Teens can participate in Summer Reading 2017 by keeping track of the time they spend reading for a chance to earn prizes. All teens receive a free book with registration. For more information, a full list of teen programming and great book suggestions, visit tcpl.org/teens/srp.php.
- TCPL to Launch Teen Summer Reading with Screening of Hidden Figures (June 30th at 5:00pm). In celebration of BUILD A BETTER WORLD, TCPL’s 2017 Summer Reading Program for teens, the library will host a free screening of the acclaimed film, Hidden Figures, Friday, June 30th at 5:00pm in the BorgWarner Community Room.