The following is a weekly e-newsletter containing announcements, events and opportunities happening at school and in our community for IHS students and families. This weekly communication is a partnership between the IHS PTA and IHS itself to reach out to all families as it is our joint vision to support full engagement for ALL students at IHS. This e-newsletter is informational only and is neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Board of Education of the Ithaca City School District, the Superintendent of the ICSD or this school. If you have E-News to share, please send to email@example.com.
Ithaca High School PTA E-News 12/1/2021
- IHS PTA Membership
- IHS Native American Heritage Month Presentations (12/1 and 12/3)
- IHS College Visit (12/2)
- IHS Athletics Updates (online store closes 12/15)
- ICSD No School (12/24-31)
- IHS Seniors: The Excelsior Scholarship
- Save the Date IHS Graduation 2022 (6/21/22)
- Constance Saltonstall Foundation Teacher Retreat Residency (deadline 12/12)
- IPEI 2021-22 Red and Gold and Teacher Grants (deadline 1/5 & 3/16)
- FABG Grants Deadlines (2/1)
For more information, please visit: http://www.ihspta.info/wordpress/posts/december-1st/
1. IHS PTA Membership. Please don’t forget to become an Ithaca High School PTA member online at https://ihspta.memberhub.com/store. Without members, IHS PTA would not be able to provide support for our teachers and students.
2. IHS Native American Heritage Month Zoom Presentation (Wednesday, December 1st at 7:00pm). This Wednesday, December 1st at 7pm there will be a Zoom Panel featuring Mr. Lira, Maya Soto, Sachem Sam George, and Wahienhawi Hall. Here is the info to join and listen in:
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81194418270?pwd=MlRpWURFUVZ3OHJoVHVUWklOa2FQdz09
Meeting ID: 811 9441 8270
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,81194418270#,,,,*877066# US (New York)
+13017158592,,81194418270#,,,,*877066# US (Washington DC)
Also, this Friday, December 3rd, at 4pm in the Black Box Theater there will be a screening of We Shall Remain: After the Mayflower followed by guided dialogue. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend.
3. IHS College Representative Visits (sign up in Naviance):
- Bard College at Simon’s Rock on Thursday, December 2nd at 10:50am
4. IHS Athletics Updates
- New Webstore Open for Athletics & Ithaca Gear (closes 12/15):
- Athletics & Ithaca Gear: https://ithacaathletics21-5.itemorder.com
- All Winter Sports are underway. See Schedule Galaxy for the upcoming home & away events.
- Please see the Athletics Website for the most recent updates throughout the school year and contact the Athletics Office at 274-2155 with any questions.
5. ISCD Winter Recess (Friday, December 24-Friday, December 31st). Have a restful and warm winter break. For the full academic calendar, click here.
6. IHS Seniors: The Excelsior Scholarship. The Excelsior Scholarship, in combination with other student financial aid programs, allows students to attend a SUNY or CUNY college tuition-free. The program covers tuition for eligible SUNY and CUNY students. For the 2021-22 academic year, families who earned $125,000 or less in the tax year 2019 are eligible to apply. Application period will open soon. Click here to sign up for application notification.
7. Save the Date 2022 IHS Graduation (Tuesday, June 21, 2022). Inclement weather date Wednesday, June 22, 2022. More information to follow in the Spring.
8. Constance Saltonstall Foundation for the Arts Partners with Fine Arts Boosters to Host Teacher Retreat Residency (deadline: December 12, 2021). The Saltonstall Foundation for the Arts, in partnership with the Fine Arts Booster Group (FABG), an affiliate of IPEI, is offering a creative retreat for teachers of the Ithaca City School District (ICSD) and other districts in Tompkins County during the February and April school breaks, Saturday to Wednesday, February 19-23, 2022 and Saturday to Wednesday, April 9-13, 2022. Teachers may choose which session to attend. COVID 19 protocols are in place and described on the website. Application available online.
9. IPEI 2021-22 Red and Gold and Teacher Grants (Applications due: January 5, 2022 and March 16, 2022). Ithaca Public Education Initiative (IPEI) supports educators with innovative ideas that energize the curriculum and foster authentic learning experiences that reach all students. Our programs bring a diverse range of community resources into the classroom, stretching students’ imaginations, increasing engagement, and enhancing education. Applications are available online: https://www.ipei.org/grants/.
10. Fine Arts Boosters Group Announces 2021-22 Grant Deadlines (February 1, 2022). The Fine Arts Booster Group (FABG) announces grant deadlines for the 2021-2022 school year to support Ithaca City School District students’ arts learning. FABG Grants application deadline is February 1, 2022. Applications are available online at www.fabgithaca.org/receive, by phone 256-4734, or email FABGgrants@ipei.org. Grant applications are submitted electronically.