The following is a weekly “e-newsletter” containing announcements, events and opportunities happening at school and in our community for IHS students and families. This weekly communication is a partnership between the IHS PTA and IHS itself to reach out to all families as it is our joint vision to support full engagement for ALL students at IHS. This “e-newsletter” is informational only and is neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Board of Education of the Ithaca City School District, the Superintendent of the ICSD or this school. If you have E-News to share, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ithaca High School PTA “E-News” 6/7/2017
- IHS PTA General Meeting (6/8)
- IHS PTA needs your help–please consider getting involved
- IHS College Panel (6/13)
- IHS Yearbook available by check
- IHS Senior Prom (6/10)
- NYS June 2017 Regents (6/12-22)
- Ithaca Reads (6/12)
- Ithaca Sports Boosters looking for parent volunteers (6/15)
- FABG Awards Lee Strebel Memorial Award (Emily Morse)
- TCPL hosts “Families in Transition” (6/20)
For more information, please visit: http://www.ihspta.info/wordpress/posts/june-7th/
- IHS PTA General Meeting (Thursday, June 8th, 5:30pm, Activities Room). All are welcome to attend our last IHS PTA meeting of the 2016-17 school year. In addition to our wrap-up, we will be voting on our revised by-laws.
- IHS PTA needs your help! We have a small, but mighty group of IHS PTA parents, but we really need a few people to step up and volunteer to fill the following positions next year: PTA president or co-presidents and listserv/webmaster. If you are interested, please contact current PTA president Vanessa Wagner at Thursday’s PTA meeting or send an email (email@example.com).
- IHS PTA College Panel (June 13th, 12:00pm, Kulp Lounge). Do you have questions about college? Would you like to know more about choosing a college, adjusting to college, joining clubs, getting along with roommates, managing the workload, or something else? Come to our college student panel on Tuesday, June 13th at 12 noon in Kulp Lounge to hear a panel of IHS alumni who are in college. They will share their experiences, insights, and advice about college. Pizza and other refreshments will be provided by the IHS PTA starting at 11:45am and the panel will begin at 12:00pm. Students, parents, caregivers, and staff are all welcome to come to this informative program.
- IHS Yearbook still available by check $75. Online ordering has closed, but students may still bring a check for $75 made out to IHS Annual. Three ways to deliver your check: 1) mail it to Ithaca High School Annual ℅ Lyn Reitenbach, 1401 N. Cayuga St., Ithaca, NY 14850; 2) bring it to the main office and ask them to put the check in Lyn’s box; or 3) drop by Lyn’s office (G114).
- IHS Senior Prom (Saturday, June 10th, 7:00-10:00pm, Ithaca Farmers’ Market). Have fun Class of 2017!
- NYS Regents (June 12-22, 2017). Here is a link to the NYS June 2017 Regents Examination Schedule. Best of luck to our amazing students!
- Ithaca Reads (June 12th at 7:00pm)! A peer support group for parents of struggling readers. Worried about your child’s reading development? Want to learn more about how to support your child and navigate the school system? Please join us for our first meetings of Ithaca Reads. Village of Ithaca (609 W. Clinton St., Suite 109 on June 12th from 7:00-8:00pm. For more information contact Celeste Ptak at 607-342-0075 or Ithacareads@gmail.com.
- Ithaca Sports Boosters looking for volunteers to make an impact for our student-athletes. If you are interested in getting involved, please contact the Ithaca Sports Boosters or stop by the next meeting on Thursday, June 15th at 7:00pm in the IHS Activities Room.
- Fine Arts Booster Group Awards Lee Strebel Memorial Award. The Fine Arts Booster Group (FABG), an affiliate of IPEI, named Emily Morse as the recipient of the 2017 Lee Strebel Memorial Award for Enthusiasm in the Performing Arts. Emily accepted the award at the IHS Underclassmen Awards Night on June 6th. The Lee Strebel Memorial Award is presented each year to an IHS student who has not only participated in performing arts at the high school level, but has shown extraordinary spirit in that pursuit. Congratulations Emily!
- TCPL to Host Program for Families of Transitioning Children (June 20th at 6:30pm). Tompkins County Public Library will host award-winning author and educator Luca Maurer for “Families in Transition,” a discussion about supporting children and teens exploring their gender identity, Tuesday, June 20th at 6:30pm in the BorgWarner Community Room-East. This program is free and open to the public. For more information, please contact Teresa Vadakin at firstname.lastname@example.org